Sunday 11 December 2011

.....YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.....

Well , it's been a crap week and due to a heavy cold I have felt like shit most of the time , so rather than rabbit on about my MA work I thought that I would cheer myself up by having a look at the way other designers go about establishing that all important designer / client relationship.........

So lets start by having a look at this short clip.....................................



I think that that establishes the basic relationship pretty well , and I liked the way the designer responds with enthusiasm to the client's suggestions.....incidentally , if you want to see it on a larger screen or the rest of these instructional clips - there are quite a few , just google  ' Youtube/Client vs Designer '

Ok , this next one is a bit more sophisticated , and is interactive ; if you go to www.wefail.com/twats , click
on the 10 Commandments / introduction header on the left hand side , then navigate your way through the commandments until you reach No.1 and the promised land . An excellent guide , I thought , to dealing with those more demanding clients , and a most useful set of pointers . I just wish that they had told me stuff like this when I was at college . ( Incidentally , http://www.wefail.com/ is an excellent site in its own right - I just singled out the section for dealing with clients ).

Finally , of course , if you are a partnership and studio based , then a warm and inviting welcome will immediately put clients at their ease - this photograph of the reception floor of the Partners offices in London illustrates the point quite nicely I thought......



A few good pointers there , I thought , to help you navigate that all important relationship with the client ; my own experiences are well documented in the posting of 31/07/2011 and Kevin Nolan .

So in those dark nights of the soul when you wonder why on earth you are doing this and there must be easier ways of making a living , just remember - its the same for all of us.

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.......
Walk on , walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment