Sunday 18 December 2011

.....BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE......

...The first cold snap of the winter , here , and it is really cold outside so I am stopping in and catching up on some reading..........

...And as part of my on-going research into my MA - about more of which next posting - Jonathan at Artistic Type suggested that I should look at the illustrations of David Hughes , someone I had not really come across before..............


I really like his style -it has a hand-drawn looseness to it whilst still managing to encompass narrative through the inclusion of text and - in some instances - collage. Given that I am looking towards finding some form of architectural representation that allows me to include narrative and text , there is food for thought here.



If you are not familiar with his work , I have posted a monograph on him as ' Book of the Week ' - it's worth a look.

.........so , better get down to some drawing then...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment