Sunday 25 May 2014

FOR YOU WERE MY FIRST LOVE.....

For you were my first love......
......and true love never ever dies...........

....... the early 1960's , reading ' On The Road ' and ' The Dharma Bums ' , listening to Miles Davies and Chet Baker , reading Satre and Camus and falling in love with the idea of 'cool ' , of Paris , existentialism and endless coffees , early Godard films - and the beatnik girls , all dark hair , black roll neck sweaters , plain grey skirts , black tights .........everything is in monochrome , black and white........

........and Juliette Greco.............chanteuse , icon    ..what's not to love ?.................



...........its late May , 2014 , and I am down in the south of France ( still in love with France ), on the edge of the Basque country , walking the foothills and painting.................and much to my surprise there she is , Juliette Greco , playing a festival in early June , just down the road at Laas..............

Nnoooooo...............oh my god..........................

She's 87....................

Should I stay or should I go ?


No comments:

Post a Comment