Monday 26 March 2012

...STARTING OVER......

...........and so to work that I have been producing for my MA course - I suppose the hardest thing that I have found over the first six months is having to deconstruct my usual working methods......

Usually sketches are produced fairly quickly with pens and markers , as a direct response to the clients brief and in conjunction with the development of the plan . The work I am starting to produce is quite different , being slowly produced / labour intensive , with a variety of medium and some new techniques . I have come across a really nice range of fibre tip pens that remain completely stable under a water colour wash , and have discovered a fixative for ink-jet prints ! This might seem low-tech but it has opened up some new possibilities . I have to submit some evidence of work in progress by the end of May , so there should be some more work appearing on here shortly.

The work illustrated is ' The Vault Of The Forbidden Books ' , and there is another three or four hours work to be done on it yet...............and I have just worked out that it is the first in a series of 37. Better get on with it , then.............





No comments:

Post a Comment