Tuesday 5 April 2011

.....THE ART MOBS' OUT TONIGHT........................

So - the exhibition of my works at the gallery in Macclesfield has finished , and the artworks taken down. How many did we sell ? None...........so either A ) I am ahead of the curve, or B) they were rubbish.........I had some very nice comments left about them , though , and the gallery did say that it had been a quiet month............. 

No worries - lets put all this into Perspective ( sorry ! ) and just sing along with Terry Allen.............

Ok - this should be sung to the accompaniment of a Mexican accordion ...I think the rhythm is a two-step....

" Well I give up all my sculpturing
 ' Cause my life had gone all sad
  An I went to work down in the factory
  It weren't art ...but it weren't bad
  So
  They put me on the assembly line
  Puttin plastic leaves on the plastic palms
  Then they shipped them off to Los Angeles
  Yeah it weren't art ...but it weren't wrong.

  Now some say its pathetic
  When you give up your aesthetic
  For a blue collar job in the factory
  But all that exhibiting
  Was just too damn inhibiting
  For a beer drinking
  Regular guy..........like me.

  Oooooo ui
  Oooooo ui

These are the lyrics to a track by Terry Allen on his wonderful album ' Lubbock ( On Everything )' , recorded in 1979 ; Allen trained as an architect , but is mainly known for being an artist and a country singer.

Interested  ? - try this track ' Truckload of Art ' from the same album....................




All good stuff - and shall I have another go at exhibiting ? We'll see....................

In the meantime, back to the day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment