Saturday 23 November 2013

...AH , BUT I WAS SO MUCH OLDER THEN ...........

........I'm younger than that , now...............

It's very odd , casually trawling through the internet as you do when you have a spare ten minutes or so , to come across - on the internet , there for everyone to see - a photograph of yourself taken some forty odd years or so ago and that you haven't seen since...............








I remember where they were taken - in the courtyard of Queen's College Chambers in the center of Birmingham , so these must have been taken around 1971 / 72 ..........my first job as a designer , working for John Hunt Associates..........John Hunt - tutor , mentor , hero , icon - or just an alpha male better at exploiting my talents than I was ....................




These second two - still working at JHA - were taken later , I guess around 73/74 , when we were working out of Bridge Street and were taken as a group shot for the Midland chapter of the SIAD as it then was , now the Chartered Society of Designers . I'm second from left on the second row , with John on my right . Sylvia is front left , Pauline rear left ......the others....... ?



Same group - I'm second left , flanked by John and Pauline.................Apart from Sylvia I don't remember the others , but then it was a long time ago............

It's very odd looking at this person - time seems to reverse , this person now some forty years or so in the past and seemingly so much older , so far away , some forty years older in time than where I am today .
I am indeed younger than that now........what could I tell him ? My daughter Charlotte's arrival was still a couple of years down the road...........

The photo's were taken by Peter who was a good friend at that time - I still have a couple of clay pieces that he made for an interior , pics to be posted on here in a week or so...........and his blog site is


very worthwhile checking out as he is still taking those pics.

Thank you , Peter .

No comments:

Post a Comment