Sunday 31 July 2011

..KEVIN NOLAN - PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN....

......I really didn't want to post this blog , but it's my birthday and I have had a shit weekend so far and am getting pissed off.......so let's roll........................


NAME AND SHAME No 1 - KEVIN NOLAN

Kevin Nolan is a professional footballer , currently playing for West Ham - and Club Captain.

Kevin was born in Liverpool and is currently having a house built there , in Aigburth.

And as is a footballer's wont these days , the house is rather large ; the house I currently live in would fit - side to side , front to back , top to bottom - into Kevin's hall . I know , because I have measured it.

Kevin , during the course of construction of the house , has employed a number of people  - interior designers and architects , plasterers  , heating and plumbing contractors , joiners.........

..........and Kevin hasn't paid them . Certainly the Interior Designers - i.e. me - haven't been paid since February. the M&E people ( heating and plumbing ) tell me they haven't been paid , and are owed some £55k.......plasterers , everyone , has now walked off site and construction work is at a standstill . No comments , no explanation , just no money forthcoming . The nearest that you get is a message from ' his people ' suggesting ' a technical delay in accessing the required funds '..............

A footballer with cash-flow problems ? I should be so lucky.....................

Apart from the sheer energy-sapping frustration of not being paid - enthusiasm and constructive creativity disappearing faster than bathwater down a plughole , what seriously pisses me off is that due to the current economic uncertainty we have now had to let our designer go : that's three years of investing time, money and effort into teaching and training up to the level of a potential director that we won't get back. Bugger.

Thanks, Kevin........and there was me thinking that being Club Captain was a position of responsibility , a role model for principled behavior , a representative for the values espoused by the club ........

Maybe its all a big misunderstanding..........Maybe Kevin will read this and the money will arrive along with a ' sorry about that ' note and we will all be friends again ............or maybe I am just a click away from the West Ham Supporters page on Facebook and ready to lodge a posting - then the fan REALLY would be hitting the shit...............

...Ok - lets all sing along - and play it LOUD......................

......I thought I heard the Captain say.................

PAY ME , PAY ME
PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN
PAY ME OR GO TO JAIL
PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN.  

No comments:

Post a Comment